UAIPIT INTERNATIONAL CONGRESSES:
- Aims of International Congresses UAIPIT
- UAIPIT Members of Honor
- Do You want to nominate somebody for the UAIPIT Distinction?
- Publications and presentations at the Congresses
With this new initiative, "UAIPIT International Congresses: Intellectual Property, Information Technology and Conflict Resolution", the UAIPIT Project organizes annual conferences on IP protection, recent developments, and analysis and debate on crucial issues. The Congresses are unique and quality forums where experts discuss current affairs and perspectives on future IP protection and Information Technology topics. UAIPIT International Congresses are accessible forums for those persons interested in the protection of IP and IT.
UAIPIT wants to thank all the people and institutions that have made these Congresses possible, and for the great reception that the UAIPIT International Congresses have had among experts, professionals and persons interested in the study of IP. In particular, UAIPIT is thankful for the support of the European Patent Office (EPO) and the Academy of the EPO, the OHIM, the SPTO, of the UNESCO, the CAM, the Magister Lvcentinus and its Association of Students, the General Foundation of the University of Alicante, and the University of Alicante.
In each UAIPIT International Congress, an outstanding person, in gratitude for his or her contribution to Intellectual Property Protection and support for the UAIPIT Project, will receive the UAIPIT Distinction and will be appointed as a Member of Honor of the UAIPIT Project.
At the Official Closing Ceremony of the 1st UAIPIT International Congress, Dr. Manuel Desantes Real, Professor and Head of the Private International Law Department (University of Alicante) and Ex-Vice President of the EPO, was recognized with the first UAIPIT Distinction of Honor, in gratitude for his leadership.
At the Official Closing
Ceremony of the 2nd UAIPIT International Congress the UAIPIT
Distinction was awarded to Alberto Casado Cerviño, Director General of the
Spanish Patent and Trade Mark Office, for his contribution to Intellectual
At the Official Closing Ceremony of the 3rd UAIPIT International Congress, coinciding with the Official Opening of the Magister Lvcentinvs 18th Edition (Academic year 2011 - 2012), UAIPIT awarded its Distinction to Paul Maier, President of the OHIM Boards of Appeal, for his contribution to Intellectual Property protection and his support for the UAIPIT Project.
Objectives of the UAIPIT International Congresses
2. To foster the exchange of experiences at the national and international level on IP matters.
3. To offer an opportunity to reflect, analyse, and debate controversial issues in IP and IT.
4. To promote specialization in the areas of IP and IT, and contribute to the training of experts.
5. To create a documentary database to facilitate the study and research in all the matters discussed at the UAIPIT International Congresses.
6. To provide and to present tools for easy, free information acquisition.
|Publications and presentations at UAIPIT Congresses|
- The International Portal of the University of Alicante specializing in Intellectual Property law and Information Society: www.UAIPIT.com, as fundamental tool for IP experts and all those who wish to published the results of their research and events regarding IP matters
Mr. Richard A. Mac Bride , Attorney at Law, Executive Director www.UAIPIT.com
Clara Ibáñez Fiorillo , Legal advisor and researcher www.UAIPIT.com
Sra. Dña. Nuria Martínez Soriano , Legal advisor and researcher www.UAIPIT.com
- Education and Training in Intellectual Property: Challenges and Opportunities
Jean-Michel Zilliox , Director of the European Patent Office Academy
- The Patent System: Quo vadis
Manuel Desantes Real , Professor and Head of the Private International Law Department (University of Alicante) and Ex-Vice President of the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Advantages of the PCT System. The role of the SPTO as receiving office of International Applications
Miguel Hidalgo Llamas , Legal and European & PCT Patent Division (SPTO)
- Intellectual Property Assets Protection System in the Information Society Age. The Spanish Patent Protection System
Mr. PascualSegura Cámara , Director of the Patents Centre (University of Barcelona)
- The International Protection of Intellectual Property in the Digital Context: Quo vadis
Lydia Esteve ,Tenured Professor of Private International Law (University of Alicante) and Academic Director www.UAIPIT.com Project
- The so-called Forum Shopping as an International Practice
Manuel Morán García , Tenured Professor of Private International Law (University of Alicante)
- Rome II Regulation. Specific Reference to the Law Applicable to Non-Contractual Obligations
López-Tarruella , Professor of Private International Law (University of Alicante)
- Consequences of Exporting Goods without Trade Marks: Risks and How to Avoid them; Infringement of Rights and Defence Mechanisms. Reference to Latin America
Eli Salis , Attorney at Law, Landwell- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Alicante
- Claim Actions and Enforcement of Rights before the Community Trade Mark Court of Appeal in Alicante. Recent Decisions
Luis Antonio Soler Pascual , Judge of the Community Trade Mark Court of Appeal
- Cancellation Proceedings before OHIM
Julio Laporta Insa , Trade Mark Department, Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (OHIM)
- The Community Trade Mark: Last Decisions of the Boards of Appeal of OHIM about the Likelihood of Confusion
Fernando López de Rego , Fourth Board of Appeal (OHIM)
Do you want to publish?
Articles will be accepted (minimum 7 pages) to be published in UAIPIT for which an ISBN number will be assigned (more information)
Your contribution to the I International Uaipit Congress 2009 should be sent to email@example.com before April 27th, 2009 for its consideration and later publication. If you want to contribute to the II Uaipit International Congress 2010, please send us your comment before December 1st, 2009. Thank you for your collaboration